Benshaw R2LR Line/Load Reactors provide robust, reliable filtering solutions for added protection of variable frequency drives (VFDs) and motors. Benshaw reactors are designed specifically for VFD applications, are UL listed and made in the USA.
Benshaw R2LR Series Line Reactors
Benshaw R2LR Series Line Reactors add impedance, protecting VFDs and downstream motors from power current disturbances (e.g. surges, spikes and transients) and nuisance over-voltage trips. Impedance added on the line side can also help meet IEEE-519 standards:
- Reduces power source harmonic distortion
- Improves total (true) power factor
- Reduces DC bus ripple voltage inside the drive, extending the life of capacitors
- Reduces voltage when power source voltage is abnormally high
- Available from 240-600V, up to 800HP
- 1.5%, 3% and 5% impedance
Benshaw R2LR Series Load Reactors
Benshaw R2LR Series Load Reactors increase the service life of drives and motors by decreasing terminal voltage and operating temperature. Load reactors can also improve motor efficiency and decrease motor noise:
- Reduces motor terminal peak voltages due to long leads
- Increases the efficiency of motors by attenuating high frequency harmonic currents, reducing watt loss
- Supplements VFD output short circuit protection by limiting short circuit current
- Reduces output current surges resulting from rapid load changes
Benshaw R2LR Series Line/Load Reactors are web stocked and available for shipment from Benshaw Express … our applied motor controls superstore. They are also available as a built-in solution to engineered Benshaw packaged drives. For specific application recommendations, please download a copy of our R2LR Series Line/Load Reactors catalog.