RB2 Series Open Chassis Soft Starters combine Benshaw’s high performance MX2 motor control technology with a rugged, compact, integral bypass RB series power section.
The RB2 Open Chassis Soft Starter is a compact, simple to use soft starter with built-in motor protection, providing greater control in starting and stopping of three phase motors. The integral bypass contactor reduces the watt loss of the soft starter allowing RB2 Open Chassis Soft Starters to be mounted in non-vented enclosures.
Benshaw’s MX2 control technology (included with RB2 Open Chassis Soft Starters) provides basic motor protection with adjustable overload settings. MX2 control technology also provides user adjustable motor ramp profiles that can be tailored to the motor load, allowing for a smooth ramp of the motor, and adjustable voltage control deceleration suitable for pumping applications.
The RB power section is a rugged, heavy duty solid state starter section designed with integral bypass contactors for a compact, efficient profile. The modular design includes separate poles for each phase for ease of maintenance.
RB2 Open Chassis Soft Starters can be programmed using a board-mounted LED keypad, Modbus register mapping, or optional remote mount LCD keypad.
- Small, compact design
- Modular power stack assembly for ease of maintenance
- ModBus standard/other Fieldbus optional
- Multiple starting ramps for various applications
- Integrated metering system diagnostics
- Integral bypass contactors for efficient operation, eliminating the need for external fans
- Integrated motor protection
- Dual ramp capability for loaded/unloaded applications
- Power stack has multiple ratings for application flexibility
MX2 Control Highlights
MX2 control technology from Benshaw provides a powerful, flexible, intelligent low voltage motor control platform. MX2-based controls offer multiple, user selectable starting modes, an increased selection of configurable digital and analog I/Os, comprehensive built-in metering capabilities, unprecedented onboard protection and an easy-to-use, intuitive user interface.
The control board terminal configuration — coupled with programmable burden CT settings — makes Benshaw’s MX2 technology an excellent choice for a wide range of intelligent, soft start motor control applications. With more built-in starting modes … more built-in protection features … additional communications capabilities … improved noise immunity … a more complete user I/O and CE compliance, Benshaw’s MX2-based low voltage motor controls raise the bar for intelligent, low-cost, soft start motor control.
When you factor in our unique three-year factory warranty and 24/7 comprehensive technical support, we think you’ll find Benshaw’s MX2-based controls to be the best value on the planet.
Motor Protection Features
- ANSI 19 – Reduced voltage start
- ANSI 27 / 59 – Adjustable over/under voltage protection (Off or 1 to 40%, time 0.1 to 90 seconds in 0.1 second intervals, independent over and under voltage levels)
- ANSI 37 – Undercurrent detection (Off or 5 to 100% and time 0.1 to 90.0 seconds in 0.1 second intervals)
- ANSI 46 – Current imbalance detection (Off or 5 to 40%)
- ANSI 47 – Phase rotation (selectable ABC, CBA, Insensitive, or Single Phase)
- ANSI 48 – Adjustable up-to-speed / stall timer (1 to 900 seconds in 1 second intervals)
- ANSI 50 – Instantaneous electronic overcurrent trip
- ANSI 51 – Electronic motor overload (Off, class 1 to 40, separate starting and running curves available)
- ANSI 51 – Overcurrent detection (Off or 50 to 800% and time 0.1 to 90.0 seconds in 0.1 second intervals)
- ANSI 51G – Residual ground fault detection (Off or 5 to 100% of motor FLA)
- ANSI 74 – Alarm relay output available
- ANSI 81 – Over/under frequency
- ANSI 86 – Overload lockout
- Single phase protection
- Shorted SCR detection
- Mechanical jam
Click here to learn more about Benshaw RB2 Series Open Chassis Soft Starters and accessories.