The RX2E Enclosed Combination Soft Starter is a rugged, simple to use soft starter with built-in motor protection, providing greater control in starting and stopping of three phase motors. RX2E Series soft starters comes standard with a circuit breaker, full voltage rated emergency bypass contactor, door mounted Start/Stop push buttons, Local/Off/Remote selector switch and door mounted MX2 keypad.
RX2E Series Enclosed Combination Soft Starters are available in either a NEMA 12 or NEMA 3R enclosure. The full voltage rated bypass contactor doubles as a running duty bypass contactor when in soft starter mode. Benshaw’s MX2 control technology (included with RX2E Series Enclosed Combination Soft Starters) provides basic motor protection with adjustable overload settings. MX2 control technology also provides user adjustable motor ramp profiles that can be tailored to the motor load, allowing for a smooth ramp of the motor, and adjustable voltage control deceleration suitable for pumping applications.
Benshaw’s RX2E Series Enclosed Combination Soft Starters can be programmed using a door mounted LCD keypad or Modbus register mapping.
Motor Protection Features
- ANSI 19 – Reduced voltage start
- ANSI 27 / 59 – Adjustable over/under voltage protection (Off or 1 to 40%, time 0.1 to 90 seconds in 0.1 second intervals, independent over and under voltage levels)
- ANSI 37 – Undercurrent detection (Off or 5 to 100% and time 0.1 to 90.0 seconds in 0.1 second intervals)
- ANSI 46 – Current imbalance detection (Off or 5 to 40%)
- ANSI 47 – Phase rotation (selectable ABC, CBA, Insensitive, or Single Phase)
- ANSI 48 – Adjustable up-to-speed / stall timer (1 to 900 seconds in 1 second intervals)
- ANSI 50 – Instantaneous electronic overcurrent trip
- ANSI 51 – Electronic motor overload (Off, class 1 to 40, separate starting and running curves available)
- ANSI 51 – Overcurrent detection (Off or 50 to 800% and time 0.1 to 90.0 seconds in 0.1 second intervals)
- ANSI 51G – Residual ground fault detection (Off or 5 to 100% of motor FLA)
- ANSI 74 – Alarm relay output available
- ANSI 81 – Over/under frequency
- ANSI 86 – Overload lockout
- Single phase protection
- Shorted SCR detection
- Mechanical jam
Click here to learn more about Benshaw RX2E Series Enclosed Combination Soft Starters and accessories.