Benshaw soft start applications in the HVAC industry include:
- Cooling/condensing units
- Evaporator and exhaust fans
- Air handlers/terminal units/fan units
- Ice making equipment
- Cooling towers
Benshaw soft starters provide a range of important benefits for HVAC applications, including improved energy efficiency, smoother, quieter operation, and reduced wear on motors, compressors and other critical components. They also offer protection from damage that might otherwise occur from over current/under current and overload conditions, and advanced features that allow safe use of a motor’s full capacity within a system.
- Significant energy savings potential
- Reduced startup (inrush) current requirements
- Torque control for reduced wear and tear on motors and compressors
- Reduction of risks from impedence and capacity issues
- Overload/over current/under current protection
- Protection from reverse operation damage
- Thermal protection
Contact us to discuss your specific motor control requirements.
Click here to view a high-level summary of soft starter benefits for HVAC equipment and other building service applications.